MarineChat.com

Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to MarineChat.com please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back   MarineChat.com > Future Marines
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Future Marines A place for the poolees (future Marines) and Delayed Entry folks to ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees and former and current Marines before you head to MCRD.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:19 AM

Usmc6 Question: Mail during bootcamp

Hello. My boyfriend left on March 17th for bootcamp at Parris Island. Soon after he arrived there, I received one letter, then two days later, I received 3 letters in one day. Since then, I have not received any letters from him. Its been about two weeks. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know what happens with the mail situation. Is he most likely too busy to write back right now? Also,his recruiter gave me an address for him, then he sent a completely different address. I had already sent mail to the address that the recruiter gave me. Can anyone tell me if he will still get my mail? I did put a return address on every letter, so will I just get them back if he doesn't get them? They won't dispose of them will they?? Please help! Thanks so much!
Old 04-05-2008, 17:56 PM
Webmaster 4th Class

Devin20

It has always been the duty of the Marine Corps to see that all recruits do receive and write mail. It is very important that they do so. The recruits are given time each day, normally in the evening after chow. They have mail call every day and that is when they receive all mail sent to them.

So, they do have the time to write and they do receive all the mail you send to them.

Keep on writing your man. I'll bet he enjoys what you write.

All of your mail will get to him.. it may not be as fast as you want.. but if the recruiter gave you a address that would be a general address to the recruit depot.. and the address you would have received from your man would have been his actual unit/company address. What ever you do.. just make sure you have his serial number on his address and he will get your mail.

I have been there and I have done that.. and I am a old commanding officer.

My Web Page http://marinechat.com/marinechuck/