Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back > Future Marines
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Future Marines A place for the poolees (future Marines) and Delayed Entry folks to ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees and former and current Marines before you head to MCRD.

Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2009, 08:05 AM
superbubba superbubba is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6
Accept H.S. Diploma from Nation High School?

Hi everyone. My 19 year old son is trying to become a Marine. He thought he had a "regular" high school diploma, but found out he doesn't. While he was still in high school, he went through a special GED "fast track" program. This program was supposed to be different from the GED in that if he passed, he would receive a "regular" high school diploma. Well, we now found it is just a regular GED! Do you know if the Marines will accept a H.S. diploma from Nation High School (online). They are a fully accredited high school and they tell me it is a regular high school diploma and others have gone into the Marines and had no problem. Do you know if it is acceptable? And if so, would he still just need a 31/32 minimum ASVAB? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This forum is private. It is not a official Marine Corps web page. It is for the use of invited guests. We invite you to join us and hope that you enjoy your visits. copyright 2003-2019 All Rights Reserved. Content published on requires permission for reprint.