MarineChat.com

Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to MarineChat.com please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back   MarineChat.com > Future Marines
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Future Marines A place for the poolees (future Marines) and Delayed Entry folks to ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees and former and current Marines before you head to MCRD.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 AM
The "HAMMER" Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyria_Skotadi View Post
Okay, thank you very much... My mother will want me to talk to Navy and Army recruiters as well (in the hopes of changing my mind) but I will let you know what happens....
Good to go. Good luck!
Old 02-05-2011, 14:37 PM

I want to join the marines, but I don't want to abandon my dog!! I have no family that can take him... Ideas???
Old 02-05-2011, 14:53 PM
The "HAMMER" Administrator

Quote:
I want to join the marines, but I don't want to abandon my dog!! I have no family that can take him... Ideas???
Your Mom won't take it?????
Old 02-05-2011, 15:06 PM
Webmaster 4th Class

Sounds like you are young and still do not have a sense of direction. Stick with your dog..

If doing something like joining the military or the Marine Corps was so important to you, you would find a good home for your dog and not think twice about it.

My Web Page http://marinechat.com/marinechuck/

Old 02-05-2011, 16:19 PM

It is important to me. But I've had my dog for years... and no my mom won't take him, she doesn't like dogs...
Old 02-05-2011, 16:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It is important to me. But I've had my dog for years... and no my mom won't take him, she doesn't like dogs...
Let me butt into this conversation....

1) You want to join the Miltary...

2) Now, you don't want to give up your dog....

Young Lady.... You have to make a decision..... I have tatoo's older then you.

The two Officer's you were talking to are being polite.

Me, never have been, never will.... You, want to join the Marines or any Branch of the service.... Suck it up and grow up. Damn, we have troops dying everyday. They also worry about there dog, parents, friends... But they do whats in there heart. If, you do not have the heart to be something better then what you are..... Stay home and take care of the dog....

I am being nice.... If you join us.... the bottom line, it is US.. NOT YOU...

To my way of thinking.....You need to grow some more... I know DI's that will make you go home.

GyB

GyBill U.S.M.C.
Webmaster MarineChat.com, Obituary NCOIC
Old 02-05-2011, 17:07 PM
Webmaster 4th Class

The Gunny is more then correct.. If you worry about you dog and that's something most kids or young people do.. then when you went to boot camp the DI's would eat you alive.

You can have no weaknesses or you will be killed in your first tour in the sand pit.

Old 02-05-2011, 19:46 PM
Webmaster 4th Class

Kyria_Skotadi I would like to be very serious for just a bit.

You may or not believe that most Marines became Marines because they wanted to be all their years of growing up and going through at least high school. Such was not may case. I never thought of being in the military or the Marine Corps until I was about half way through my senior year in high school. I had a cousin that graduated the year before I did and he joined the Marine Corps. When he come home on boot camp leave as stated I was a Senior. His stories about boot camp and how tough it was and the rewards he was then having once he became a Marine made me want to join. So near the end of my Senior year I joined with a delayed entry until the day I graduated high school. I was then off to Marine Corps Boot Camp and that was followed by more then 20 years of service to our country. This same story in one form or another is repeated time after time.

A couple years after boot camp I was offered a special Marine Corps Education Program and I jumped at it. The Marine Corps then sent me to college and paid all the expenses while I was on active duty. When I completed college I was discharged and commissioned as a Marine Corps officer. When I retired I was what is called a field grade command officer. I retired as a Major.

The other person in here that was talking to you by the name of Frank was also one of those that the Marine Corps saw was very special. As a S/Sgt he was selected for a special program and became a warrant officer and retired equal to me in the pay ranks as Chief Warrant Officer 4.

So the Marine Corps can be very good to and for you. But it has to be earned. To earn something special in the Marine Corps you have to be far and above all of those other Marines in our same job classification or MOS.
It is a very hard world once you Join the Marine Corps. There is a big percentage of those that go to boot camp that never make it through and are terminated from boot camp for one reason or another. But of those terminated, they are terminated mostly because the do not have the ability to think clearly or have the physical conditioning it takes to complete boot camp.

All of this leads up to you. You must be able to make decisions. If you are unable to make a decision about your dog now. What do you think will happen if you have to make a snap decision that may save the life of the person next to you or even your life for that matter. This is part of boot camp. The drill instructors are looking for those that can not adjust or adjust to military life. If they felt you was not qualified to continue you would be dismissed from boot camp. Then how would you feel. That's why I said earlier for you to stay with your dog.

Chuck Edmonds, Major, USMC, Retired
Administrator

Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Webmaster 4th Class

Hello people! I have been looking for Free Spyware.

From the Administrators. We do not allow links to commercial sites to advertise any kind of goods without prior approval from the owners/adminstrators of MarineChat.com. Doing so is a automatic ban from this site.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:15 AM

hello all, I'm thinking about joining the marine corps but i have some questions. I want to study at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, to become an officer in the marine corps (hopefully specializing in intelligence- although I've heard it's difficult). But this will obviously require a lot of commitment, so I'm wondering: Do most people enjoy their time in the corps? Is it something to make a career out of? How often can you get the job you want in the corps? and anything else i may have missed, or that you think would be helpful to know before joining, any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Old 01-10-2015, 17:09 PM

What should I know before Boot Camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyBill View Post
You Want To join Our Corps? Ask Away...

We have anywhere from the new join to the old Corps. Pick an era.

If you don't like what you hear.. go home. We don't pull punches.

You will hear you buddies tell a lot of chit..... talk to your recuriter...

GyB
I'm 16, I want to go to Basic/Boot Camp the summer before my senior year of HS, I'll be 17 at the time and I'm curious about any tips/tricks to get a grip on before I go...advice?
Old 01-10-2015, 17:19 PM
Webmaster 4th Class

If you are smart and everyone in here will tell you the same... Finish high school before you go to boot camp unless you plan on going through the NROTC officers program in college. And even if that is the case you can do your bootcamp while in the NROTC Officers program.

17 years old is too young to die.