MarineChat.com

Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to MarineChat.com please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back   MarineChat.com > A little something to start your day
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

A little something to start your day This forum is dedicated as a extension of Point Man Ministries. If you feel the need please visit them at http://www.pmimchat.com/forum/ They look forward to seeing you there.

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:18 AM

MISS JOAN/JAMES:

militarysignatures.c  om
Old 03-04-2004, 04:44 AM
0369/0341

My soul is longing and pining for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God. (Ps. 84)

Lord, today we remember St. Casimir who devoted his life in serving the poor and for the cause of justice. We ask for the courage and strength to hear the cries of those who are in situations of injustice and who are poor and to respond to their needs. We ask this in your name. Amen.

Old 03-04-2004, 08:01 AM

JAMES/JOAM MORNNING-GODBLESS

militarysignatures.c  om
Old 03-04-2004, 17:46 PM

God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He? > > > Isn't it amazing how God works in our lives! On a Saturday night several weeks ago, this pastor was working late, and decided to call his wife before he left for home. It was about 10:00 PM, but his wife didn't answer the phone. > > > > The pastor let the phone ring many times. He thought it was odd that she didn't answer, but decided to wrap up a few things and try again in a few minutes. When he tried again she answere! d right away. He asked her why she hadn't answered before, and she said that it hadn't rung at their house. They brushed it off as a fluke and went on their merry ways. > > > > The following Monday, the pastor received a call at the church office, which was the phone that he'd used that Saturday night. The man that he spoke with wanted to know why he'd called on Saturday night. > > > > The pastor couldn't figure out what the man was talking about. Then the man said, "It rang and rang, but I didn't answer." The pastor remembered the mishap and apologized for disturbing him, explaining that he'd intended to call his wife. > > > > The man said, "That's, OK. Let me tell you my story. > > > > You see, I was planning to commit suicide on Saturday night, but before I did, I prayed, 'God if you're there, and you don't want me to do this, give me a sign now.' At that point my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID, and it sai! d, 'Almighty God'. I was afraid to answer!" > > > > The re ason why it showed on the man's caller ID that the call came from "Almighty God" is because the church that the pastor attends is called Almighty God Tabernacle!! > > > > If you believe that God answers prayers then pass this on. God bless! miss joan/james

militarysignatures.c  om
Old 03-05-2004, 01:55 AM
0369/0341

Be merciful, O Lord, for we have sinned. (Ps 51)

During this Lenten season may we take time to reflect on our times of difficulties, struggles, sinfulness and on those moments when we have not made your presence known to those around us. May we grow in our love for you and may we continue to strive to live in a grace-filled life with you. We ask this in your name. Amen

Old 03-06-2004, 01:50 AM
0369/0341

Lord, direct my steps as you have promised, and let no evil hold me in its power. (Ps. 119)

Lord, as we journey through these Lenten days, we are nourished by your word and are encouraged to turn towards you in our hour of need. We know in our hearts that we are loved by you and that you hold us in the palm of your hand. May we always know of your love for us and may we always respond to you with open hearts. We ask this in your name. Amen.

Old 03-06-2004, 08:39 AM

MISS JOAN/JAMES
My God, I believe in You and all that You have taught, Because You have said it, and Your word is true.

militarysignatures.c  om
Old 03-07-2004, 02:07 AM
0369/0341

With all your heart turn to me for I am tender and compassionate. (Joel 2:12-13)

God our Father, you have shown us that you are the Good Shepherd, who leads others to look for the lost sheep. We are so very grateful for the ability to share this experience with those who are beginning to learn of your tenderness and compassion. May we continue to experience you as the Good Shepherd who knows His flock and tends to their every need. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:45 AM

MISS JOAN/JAMES:

ANGEL WINGS
ANGELS COME FROM HIGH ABOVE,
WITH THEIR WINGS A SYMBOL OF LOVE,
ALWAYS HAPPY IN EVERY WAY,
AS THEY COME TO YOU THIS DAY.

WHEN THEY COME TO GUIDE YOU,
AND TO YOU, THIS ALL SEEMS NEW,
IF YOU NEED SOME ANGEL WINGS,
PRAY TO GOD FOR ALL THESE THINGS.

IT IS LOVE, THAT THE ANGEL BRINGS,
JUST FOR US, WITH PRAISE, AND SINGS,
AS WE GROW TO LEARN ALL THIS,
SENDING LOVE AND AN ANGEL KISS.

HOW YOU EARN YOUR ANGEL WINGS,
PRAYER AND TRUST IN GOD IT SEEMS,
WHEN YOU PRAY YOUR HEART WILL KNOW,
AND YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE, LIKE SO.
LOOK UP TO THE HEAVEN ON HIGH,
ANGEL WINGS ARE IN THE SKY,
SENT FROM GOD, UP ABOVE,
WITH THE SYMBOL OF LOVE.

militarysignatures.c  om
Old 03-08-2004, 04:10 AM
0369/0341

Lord, there is no god to compare with you; you are great and do wonderful things, you are the only God. (Ps 86)

God our Father, we come before you this day remembering St. John of God and the wonderful work that he was involved in, as he cared for the sick. As we celebrate his feast day, we bring to prayer all those who minister and care for the sick in hospitals throughout the world. May they know of your love for them and may they continue to bring comfort and compassion to all those who are suffering, frightened and dying. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 03-08-2004, 08:49 AM

JOHN 14: 1

"Let not your heart be troubled.
You are trusting God, now trust in me.

militarysignatures.c  om
Old 03-09-2004, 04:17 AM
0369/0341

When he calls to me, I will answer; I will rescue him and give him honor. Long life and contentment will be his. (Ps 91)

Lord, we come before you this day mindful of our need for repentance. Help us and guide us to follow you more closely and to come to a deeper understanding of your Son's death and resurrection. May we learn to reflect this in our lives and bear witness to our faith with those whom we encounter at work and in our families. We ask this in your name. Amen.

Old 03-09-2004, 07:58 AM

JONH 14:2

MISS JOAN/JAMES:

There are many homes up there where my Father lives,
and I am going to prepare them for your coming.

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:05 AM
0369/0341

I am the light of the world, says the Lord; whoever follows me will have the light of life. (John 8:12)

God our Father, you have given us the light of the world. You give us light to guide us on our journey in life. Fill our hearts with this light so that we may always follow you and may our actions be pleasing to you. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:33 AM

MISS JOAN/JAMES:

My God, I believe in You and all that You have taught, Because You have said it, and Your word is true.

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:10 AM
0369/0341

Lord, I put my trust in you; I shall be glad and rejoice in your mercy, because you have seen my affliction. (Ps 31)

God our Father, we come before you this day placing our trust in you and rejoicing in your mercy for us. We are mindful that you have seen our afflictions and have blessed us with the graces that we need to heal and give us strength to walk this journey in life. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:09 AM
0369/0341

I have chosen you from the world says the Lord, to go and bear fruit that will last. (John 15)

God, our Creator, we stand before you in awe of the wonders of your creation. May we take a moment to celebrate the marvels of your awesome creation and to find ways to share the fruits which we bear from knowing and loving you. For you are a God of great wonder and faithful presence. We ask this in your name. Amen

Old 03-12-2004, 08:42 AM

MISS JOAN/JAMES

-- There is much that ails this old sinful world.
The problems, sickness and destruction of man
unto man can be read everyday in the newspapers.
Where does it all end? What or who is the cure?
The Lord Jesus Christ is our everything. He is
our Creator, Commander, Controller - He is our Cure.

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 03-13-2004, 04:29 AM
0369/0341

The Lord is kind and merciful. (Ps 145)

Lord God, we know of your kindness and mercy in our lives. We are so very grateful for the many ways that you touch our lives with your kindness and mercy and we take opportunities to share this experience with those whom we encounter in our daily lives. We bring before you in prayer those whom we have encountered in life, asking that they may continue to experience your kindness and mercy. We ask this in your name. Amen.

Old 03-13-2004, 09:55 AM

Pr.13:3

¶ He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 03-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Clergy - Administrator

Proverbs 13:3 NIV

He who guards his lips guards
his soul,
but he who speaks rashly will
come to ruin.

Old 03-14-2004, 05:19 AM
0369/0341

God so loved the world, he gave us his only Son, that all who believe in him might have eternal life. ( John 3:16)

God our Father, we come before you this day excited with the news that you loved us so much that you gave us your only Son, that all who believe will have the gift of eternal life. As we take time this day to reflect on how much you loved us and on this precious gift of your Son to us, we give you praise and thanksgiving for the many ways your Son's presence have changed us. May we never lose sight of your Son's presence in our lives. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 03-14-2004, 09:18 AM

JOHN 3:3

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 03-17-2004, 04:50 AM
0369/0341

With the Lord there is mercy and fullness of redemption. (Ps. 130)

Lord Jesus, we celebrate the gift of your mercy. We remember on this day the gift that St. Patrick was and is to us. He taught us so much about what it means to have faith and to believe in you. As we journey through these days of Lent we are invited to take time each day to bring before you all that is in need of your healing presence and your gift of mercy in our lives. May we pray for the people of Ireland that they will experince peace in their lives and in their country. We ask this in your name. Amen.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:59 AM

Mt.17:5

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Closed Thread