MarineChat.com

Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to MarineChat.com please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back   MarineChat.com > A little something to start your day
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

A little something to start your day This forum is dedicated as a extension of Point Man Ministries. If you feel the need please visit them at http://www.pmimchat.com/forum/ They look forward to seeing you there.

Old 01-27-2012, 22:27 PM
0369/0341

"Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith? They were filled with great awe and said to one another, who is this whom even wind and sea obey?" (MK 4:40-41)

My Lord, of course you can command the wind and sea for at the dawn of time you created them both from nothingness.
We thank you today for the great gift of life, all of life on earth.
We ask that as we walk in your footsteps today we always are called to remember that our strength comes from faith in you.
Help us to demonstrate this strong faith to all we encounter this day.
Amen.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:23 AM
0369/0341

"What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? I know who you are - the Holy One of God!

Dear Jesus, you are immediately recognized by demons who fear and respect your authority.
We thank you for your word and parables that lead us to eternal life with you!
We ask that when we see your face in others, especially in the the poor or downtrodden, that we too recognize that it is You.
Amen!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 AM
0369/0341

"As they approached Jesus, they caught sight of the man who had been possessed by Legion, sitting there clothed and in his right mind. (MK 5:15-16)

My God, you have the power to save us no matter how far we stray from your ways.
We thank you for your unconditional love.
You only want our love in return and the whole world will be given to us and eternal life as well.
We ask you to help us always stay on your path through the narrow gate to our heavenly home.
Amen.

Old 01-30-2012, 22:33 PM
0369/0341

Prayer for Trust in Jesus

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Old 01-31-2012, 22:40 PM
0369/0341

Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and among his own kin and in his own house." So he was not able to perform any mighty deed there. Mark 6:4-5

Lord, when you returned to your home town, people could not accept your teaching.
They thought that they already knew you and who you were.
Yet, they missed it all!!
They did not recognize the Messiah for whom they were waiting!!
Lord, how many times do I reject your message because it comes through some one I know?
How many times do I reject a word of critique because I already know the person?
Or because I have already judged them?
Help me to hear your voice through others.
Amen,

Old 02-01-2012, 22:34 PM
0369/0341

The Lord is my light and my salvation.
Who shall frighten me?
The Lord is the defender of my life.
Who shall make me tremble? (Ps 26)

Lord Jesus, we come before you this day asking for your graces to help us live a life in honesty and in truth.
We recognize that you are our light and our salvation.
In living in this honesty and truth you call us to hope for the promise of eternal life.
May we always strive to live in your light.
Amen.

Old 02-02-2012, 22:49 PM
0369/0341

Blessed are the poor in spirit, the kingdom of heaven is theirs. (Ps 146)

God our Father, help us to love you with our whole heart and soul and mind and help us to love others as you love us.
In our world, we are in need of sharing the gift of your love to those we encounter in life.
Help us to be ready to lend a hand when needed,
to have a listening ear when someone needs to share and to have our hearts wide open to embrace those who are in need of a loving hug in their lives.
Amen.

Old 02-03-2012, 22:52 PM
0369/0341

Lord, hear my voice when I call to you. You are my help; do not cast me off, do not desert me, my Savior God. (Ps 26)

Almighty God, you are our hope and our strength, without you we are weak.
We come before you in humility asking for your graces to strengthen us and give us hope to continue to follow you in our lives.
Amen.

Old 02-04-2012, 22:50 PM
0369/0341

Morning Prayer

O Lord, grant that my heart may be truly cleansed and filled with Thy Holy Spirit, and that I may arise to serve Thee, and lie down to sleep in entire confidence in Thee, and submission to Thy will, ready for life or for death.
Let me live for the day, not overcharged with worldly cares, but feeling that my treasure is not here, and desiring truly to be joined to Thee in Thy heavenly kingdom, and to those who are already gone to Thee.
O Lord, save me from sin, and guide me with Thy Spirit, and keep me in faithful obedience to Thee, through Jesus Christ Thy Son, our Lord.
Amen.

Rev. Thomas Arnold (1795-1842)

Old 02-05-2012, 22:37 PM
0369/0341

“Whatever villages or towns or countryside he entered, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and begged him that they might touch only the tassel on his cloak; and as many as touched it were healed.” Mark 6: 53

People wanted to touch the tassel of your cloak, Lord, so that they could be healed.
I too need to be touched by you and be healed.
Strengthen me so that my hopes, dreams, actions, and words may reflect your love for all.
Amen.

Old 02-06-2012, 22:34 PM
0369/0341

God is the strength of his people. In him, we his chosen live in safety. Save us, Lord, who share in your life, and give us your blessing; be our shepherd forever. (Ps 27)

Lord Jesus, we ask for your guidance and protection as we walk this journey of faith.
We desire so much to live in your grace and to do your will in our lives.
Save us, Lord, this day and every day.
Help us to ask for forgiveness when we need to and to receive your graces to stengthen us to follow you more faithfully each day.
Amen.

Old 02-07-2012, 22:37 PM
0369/0341

Jesus summoned the crowd again and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand.
Nothing that enters one from outside can defile that person; but the things that come out from within are what defile." Mark 7:14--16

Lord, help me to look into my heart and nourish those things that spread you goodness and love.
Let those things come from within me and reach out to others.
Amen.

Old 02-08-2012, 22:50 PM
0369/0341

Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me. (Ps. 138)

Lord, we come before you this day with grateful hearts for we are confident that you hear and answer our prayers.
We give you thanks for the many wonderful ways you give us the courage to knock, to seek and to find you in our journey.
May we always have the couarge to turn to you no matter where we may find ourselves in this journey.
Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
Amen

Old 02-09-2012, 22:46 PM
0369/0341

They were exceedingly astonished and they said, "He has done all things well. He makes the deaf hear and the mute speak." Mark 7: 37

Lord, you healed the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.
May I hear your word and speak of you today!
Amen.

Old 02-11-2012, 22:23 PM
0369/0341

God himself is my help. The Lord upholds my life. I will offer you a willing sacrifice; I will praise your name, O Lord, for its goodness. (Ps 53)

God our Father, we come before you in prayer to ask for your graces to help us serve you in faith, hope and love.
In our journey, we are grateful for the many ways you touch our lives and guide us to live a life in faithfulness to you.
May the gift of your life continue to grow in us and may we always be ready to share your presence with those to whom we encounter in our journey.
Amen.

Old 02-12-2012, 22:13 PM
0369/0341

“Consider it all joy, my brothers and sisters, when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” James 1:2

Heavenly Father, I believe that you have me right where you want me at every moment of my life.
Often I try to escape the small crosses along the path; an overbearing boss, a tedious conversation, impatience in line at the market, children who are surly and idle.
However I know that behind every small or large cross that I embrace, I find your love and joy.
Help me not to run from the Cross but to embrace it and find you and your joy more fully alive in my life.
I pray to you through Christ our Lord in union with the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.
Amen.

Old 02-13-2012, 22:50 PM
0369/0341

Create a clean heart in me, O God; give me a new and steadfast spirit. (Ps. 51)

God our Father, we come to you this day as your children who are in need of your love and understanding in our lives.
There are times when we go astray and need to cry out to you to guide us back.
May we know of your forgiveness in our lives and be strengthened to continue our journey in growing closer to you.
Amen.

Old 02-14-2012, 22:29 PM
0369/0341

Seek good and not evil so that you may live, and the Lord will be with you. (Amos 5:14)

Lord, we are in need of your help as we strive to live a faithful and honest journey in following you.
Help us to perservere in this journey and grow closer to you so that we may always know of your love for us.
Amen.

Old 02-15-2012, 22:31 PM
0369/0341

“He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and rise after three days.” Mark 8:31

Dear Father God in heaven, the mystery of human suffering unfolds in our lives through our trust and faith in you.
Only you, the God of Love, can bring light to the dark secret of human sorrow.
When that light shines upon it, it is seen as the supreme communion of Christ’s love between men.
The measure in which our own suffering becomes love is not the size of our suffering, but the degree of our oneness with Christ.
Lord, help us always to unite our suffering to that of Christ for your greater glory.
This we pray through the same Jesus Christ our Lord in union with the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

Old 02-16-2012, 22:54 PM
0369/0341

“Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this faithless and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” Mark 8:38

Eternal Father, each Friday Christians around the world honor the death of your Son at the hour of mercy.
Wherever I am I pray that I will always pause to give you thanks for this greatest gift of all time, this gift of pure love.
Help me to be unashamed at every moment of my life to bless you and speak the name of your Son with reverence so that every knee will bend in the heavens,
on the earth and under the earth and every tongue proclaim to your glory that Jesus Christ is Lord.
Amen.

Old 02-17-2012, 22:23 PM
0369/0341

“.. But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.” James 3:8

Father of all that is Good, True and Beautiful, how well you know the power of the human tongue.
Man’s tongue can be used for cursing, for lying, for gossiping, for threatening, for blaspheming and for hating.
This same tongue can be used for blessing, for truth telling, for building up, for praise and prayers of adoration, thanksgiving, petition and glorifying.
With the tongue man can announce the Good news and sing God’s praises. Lord, this day, place a guard upon my tongue so that I will avoid all evil and only speak out of love and Peace.
I pray through Jesus Christ, your Son who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit both now and forever.
Amen.

Old 02-18-2012, 23:07 PM
0369/0341

My God of justice, you answer my cry; you come to my help when I am in trouble. (Ps. 40)

Lord God, there are times in our journey when we are aware that we are in need of your mercy.
This day, we come before you and cry out for this gift of your mercy in our lives.
We are confident that you hear our prayers and that we will receive your mercy.
We also remember all those who served our country as President.
We are thankful for their leadership and dedication in serving our country.
Amen.

Old 02-19-2012, 22:51 PM
0369/0341

“With a column of cloud you led your people by day and by night with a column of fire, to light the way of their journey, the way in which they must travel.” Nehemiah 9:12-13

O Lord, as we travel through this day of our life, our strength is in you; in our hearts are the roads to our eternal destination, the place where you dwell forever with your people in joy and in peace.
Sustain us as we pass through the bitter valleys of suffering; shield us as dangers threaten; let us rejoice in the springs of living water which refresh us on our way.
And keep us faithful until journey’s end, through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Old 02-20-2012, 22:11 PM
0369/0341

"If anyone wishes to be the first, he shall be the last of all, and the servant of all." ( MK 9:35)

Dear Jesus, We are all anxious to be the first but you have taught us that to be last in our earthly lives will help us to be first in our heavenly life.
Today we thank you for your guiding words and spirit and ask you for the patience to put others first in this life so that we can follow your example of servant to others.
Amen.

Old 02-21-2012, 22:31 PM
0369/0341

"But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you." (MT 6:)

Heavenly Father, Today is the beginning of our yearly remembrance of your life, death and resurrection.
Through fasting and prayer help us to prepare for the good news of eternal life.
We thank you for the gift of prayer and ask that you help to make our prayer this Lenten season more fruitful.
Amen.