MarineChat.com

Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to MarineChat.com please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back   MarineChat.com > Future Marines
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Future Marines A place for the poolees (future Marines) and Delayed Entry folks to ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees and former and current Marines before you head to MCRD.

Old 01-10-2015, 17:58

Thinking about joining have a question

I'm 22 years old and I've really been putting some thought into joining the Marines. I have a question about my driving record. When I was younger and first got my license I got a lot of tickets I thought I could drive the way I wanted to and not the laws. I haven't had a ticket in 2 or 3 years now so I was wondering if having a bad driving record would disqualify me from joining?
Old 01-10-2015, 18:11
Webmaster 4th Class

Detective

You may want to check with a recruiter on this question because things keep changing all the time. When the Marine Corps needs to expand they lower their requirements somewhat. When the are reducing in size like they are doing now they become very strict. If you really have a really bad driving record with a possible suspension of your license involved your chances of joining the Marine Corps is very slim if at all.

My Web Page http://marinechat.com/marinechuck/

Old 01-10-2015, 18:15
Webmaster 4th Class

If you have a bad driving record or any kind of a police record do not try to hide it because they will find out on your background check. Every joiner gets a background check and they will find out things about you that you thought no one would ever find out.

Old 01-10-2015, 20:55

Yes my license has been suspended before when i was like 17/18. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-23-2015, 20:16
Webmaster 4th Class

Jgiancola2 now that a few months have gone by.... Has anything happened? Did you join "My Marine Corps?".