MarineChat.com

Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to MarineChat.com please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back   MarineChat.com > A little something to start your day
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

A little something to start your day This forum is dedicated as a extension of Point Man Ministries. If you feel the need please visit them at http://www.pmimchat.com/forum/ They look forward to seeing you there.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:34 AM
0369/0341

The Future Is Full of Promise

The future is full of promise, Holy Mystery,
if only because we discern your forces of evolution at work everywhere.

Every opening daffodil, every growing child,
every glimmer of human enlightenment, every bodily process of healing -- tells us the future is not fearsome but is full of promise.

Your face is hidden, your name unknown:
still we turn to you in faith and confidence.

Creating Spirit, we hear your comforting voice
in the steady music of the unfolding of creation.

We give thanks to exist,
and to be the joy of your heart.
Amen.

- William Cleary

Old 01-19-2007, 01:58 AM
0369/0341

Forever I will sing the goodness of the Lord (Ps. 89)

God our creator, in coming before you in prayer this day, we stand in humility to sing of your goodness towards us. In our journey we are ever mindful of your presence and how awesome is your love for us. May we grow in humility to be able to sing for ever of your goodness in our lives. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:15 AM
0369/0341

The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. To those who accepted him, he gave power to become children of God. (Jn 1)

Almighty and ever-present Father, hear our prayers as we call out to you. Help us to be bearers of peace in our world. To those who are troubled may we bring them peace and may our lives be a source of comfort to those who are in pain. By these actions, may they know of your presence in our world and in their lives. Amen.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:59 AM
0369/0341

To the upright I will show the saving power of God. (Ps 50)

Lord Jesus, we come before you this day in prayer mindful of your love for us. Help us to follow you so that you may show us the saving power of God in our lives. Amen.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:07 AM
0369/0341

Lord, be my rock of safety, the stronghold that saves me. For the honor of your name, lead me and guide me. (Ps 30)

Lord Jesus, you are our rock and stronghold. We do honor your name and give you praise this day. We ask you to lead us and guide us as we walk this journey in faith. Help us to be ever mindful of your love for us. Amen.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:44 AM
0369/0341

The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. To those who accepted Him, He gave power to become children of God. (Jn 1)

God our Father, we come before you asking you to free us from the darkness that surrounds our world. Help us to walk in the light of life so we may called children of the light. Amen.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:45 AM
0369/0341

The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. To those who accepted Him, He gave power to become children of God. (Jn 1)

God our Father, we come before you asking you to free us from the darkness that surrounds our world. Help us to walk in the light of life so we may called children of the light. Amen.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:30 AM
0369/0341

Prayer for Travelers

O Almighty and merciful God, who has commissioned your angels to guide and protect us, may they be our companions from our setting out until our return. Clothe us with their invisible protection; keep from us all danger of collision, of fire, of explosion, of falling; and finally, having preserved us from all evil, and especially from sin, guide us to our heavenly home. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:04 AM
0369/0341

Prayer for Marriage

Most gracious God, we give you thanks for your tender love in sending Jesus Christ to come among us, to be born of a human mother, and to make the way of the cross to be the way of life.

We thank you, also, for consecrating the union of man and woman in his Name.
By the power of your Holy Spirit, pour out the abundance of your blessing upon this man and this woman.
Defend them from every enemy.
Lead them into all peace.
Let their love for each other be a seal upon their hearts, a mantle about their shoulders, and a crown upon their foreheads.
Bless them in their work and in their companionship; in their sleeping and in their waking; in their joys and in their sorrows; in their life and in their death.
Finally, in your mercy, bring them to that table where your saints feast for ever in your heavenly home; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:22 AM
0369/0341

I will look after my sheep, says the Lord, and I will raise up one shepherd who will pasture them. I, the Lord, will be their God. (Ezek 34)

God our Father, your Son gave us the example of what it means to be a true shepherd. In this day and age, we are in such need of your loving presence in our lives. Help us to look to you for encouragement and support as we strive to give witness to the values of what it means to be a Good Shepherd. Amen

Old 01-27-2007, 05:54 AM
0369/0341

Sing a new song to the Lord! Sing to the Lord, all the earth. Truth and beauty surround him, he lives in holiness and glory. (Ps 95)

All-powerful and ever-living God, help us to see the beauty that surrounds us. We are in need of truth in our world and in our lives. Often times we fall short, yet we desire so much to sing of your goodness in our lives. Let us take time this day to sing of this goodness and to share a moment of joy with those whom we encounter in this day. Amen.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:40 AM
0369/0341

Fire Captain's Prayer

Dear God,
Please guide me in my plight.
Help me think quickly, but safely.
Guild my hand to help those who are seeking knowledge.
Give me the wisdom to help the injured and the weak.
To help those who have no thrive for life.
Grant me the strength to fight the fire with assertive skill.
And God please grant me the ability to return home, to my family.
And, if in your wisdom I may give my life,
protect them from harm, no matter what the foe.
Amen

- Author Unknown

Old 01-29-2007, 02:24 AM
0369/0341

I Cannot Do This Alone

O God, early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray
And to concentrate my thoughts on you:
I cannot do this alone.
In me there is darkness,
But with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;
I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways,
But you know the way for me…
Restore me to liberty,
And enable me to live now
That I may answer before you and before me.
Lord, whatever this day may bring,
Your name be praised.

- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Old 01-30-2007, 05:25 AM
0369/0341

Receive and submit to the word planted in you; it can save your souls. (James 1)

God our Father, in your love for us, you keep us from harm. In this world we are faced with many challenges that pull us in many directions, sometimes in areas we would prefer not to be, yet find ourselves in. Help us and guide us to stand firm when faced with this struggle. For this day, we call upon you to be our strength and to give us hope to live our lives in your grace. Amen.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 AM
0369/0341

Prayer for Times of Fear

Almighty God, the Refuge of all that are distressed, grant unto us that, in all trouble of this our mortal life, we may flee to the knowledge of Thy lovingkindness and tender mercy; that so, sheltering ourselves therein, the storms of life may pass over us, and not shake the peace of God that is within us. Whatsoever this life may bring us, grant that it may never take from us the full faith that Thou art our Father. Grant us Thy light, that we may have life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

- George Dawson

Old 02-01-2007, 06:34 AM
0369/0341

The Lord is my light and my salvation. Who shall frighten me? The Lord is the defender of my life. Who shall make me tremble? (Ps 26)

Lord Jesus, we come before you this day asking for your graces to help us live a life in honesty and in truth. We recognize that you are our light and our salvation. In living in this honesty and truth you call us to hope for the promise of eternal life. May we always strive to live in your light. Amen.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 AM
0369/0341

Prayer for Peace

Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love, to respect, and to be kind to each other so that they may grow with peace in mind. Let us learn to share all the good things that you provide for us on this Earth. Amen

Old 02-03-2007, 05:05 AM
0369/0341

Blessed are the poor in spirit, the kingdom of heaven is theirs. (Ps 146)

God our Father, help us to love you with our whole heart and soul and mind and help us to love others as you love us. In our world, we are in need of sharing the gift of your love to those we encounter in life. Help us to be ready to lend a hand when needed, to have a listening ear when someone needs to share and to have our hearts wide open to embrace those who are in need of a loving hug in their lives. Amen.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:12 AM
0369/0341

Lord, hear my voice when I call to you. You are my help; do not cast me off, do not desert me, my Savior God. (Ps 26)

Almighty God, you are our hope and our strength, without you we are weak. We come before you in humility asking for your graces to strengthen us and give us hope to continue to follow you in our lives. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:11 AM
0369/0341

Morning Prayer

O Lord, grant that my heart may be truly cleansed and filled with Thy Holy Spirit, and that I may arise to serve Thee, and lie down to sleep in entire confidence in Thee, and submission to Thy will, ready for life or for death. Let me live for the day, not overcharged with worldly cares, but feeling that my treasure is not here, and desiring truly to be joined to Thee in Thy heavenly kingdom, and to those who are already gone to Thee. O Lord, save me from sin, and guide me with Thy Spirit, and keep me in faithful obedience to Thee, through Jesus Christ Thy Son, our Lord.

- Rev. Thomas Arnold (1795-1842)

Old 02-05-2007, 23:40 PM
0369/0341

Prayer for the Brokenhearted

O God,
whose love restores
the brokenhearted of this world:
pour out your love,
we beseech you,
upon those who feel
lonely, abandoned, or unloved.
Strengthen their hope
to meet the days ahead;
give them the courage
to form life-giving friendships;
and bless them with the joy
of your eternal peace.
Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson

Old 02-07-2007, 05:24 AM
0369/0341

God is the strength of his people. In him, we his chosen live in safety. Save us, Lord, who share in your life, and give us your blessing; be our shepherd forever. (Ps 27)

Lord Jesus, we ask for your guidance and protection as we walk this journey of faith. We desire so much to live in your grace and to do your will in our lives. Save us, Lord, this day and every day. Help us to ask for forgiveness when we need to and to receive your graces to stengthen us to follow you more faithfully each day. We ask this in your name. Amen.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:01 AM
0369/0341

Happy are they who have kept the word with a generous heart and yield its harvest through perseverance. (Lk 8)

God our Father, we, your children, are called to walk in the light. Help us to scatter the darkness of hatred and sin in our lives and be carriers of your light to the world. My our hearts be filled with your love so that we may share this love with others. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:29 AM
0369/0341

Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me. (Ps. 138)

Lord, we come before you this day with grateful hearts for we are confident that you hear and answer our prayers. We give you thanks for the many wonderful ways you give us the courage to knock, to seek and to find you in our journey. May we always have the couarge to turn to you no matter where we may find ourselves in this journey. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:35 AM
0369/0341

Bless the Lord

Behold now, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord,
you that stand by night in the house of the Lord.

Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the Lord;
the Lord who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

- Psalms 134