MarineChat.com

Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to MarineChat.com please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back   MarineChat.com > A little something to start your day
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

A little something to start your day This forum is dedicated as a extension of Point Man Ministries. If you feel the need please visit them at http://www.pmimchat.com/forum/ They look forward to seeing you there.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 02:26 AM
0369/0341

This is another day, O Lord. I know not what it will bring forth, but make me ready, Lord, for whatever it may be. If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely. If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly. If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently. And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly. Make these words more than words, and give me the Spirit of Jesus. Amen.

Source: Book of Common Prayer 1979
Old 12-08-2003, 09:18 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:05 AM
0369/0341

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you: Blessed are you among women. (Lk 1)

Lord God, we come before you this day in praise and thanksgiving for the gift of our faith. As we celebrate the gift that Mary is to us, may we receive the graces to continue to walk in the path of trust and love that your Mother Mary did and that we long to follow in our lives. We ask for the grace to prepare our hearts to receive your Son once again in our world and that we live in true peace and harmony. We ask this in your name. Amen
Old 12-09-2003, 02:53 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:57 AM
0369/0341

Nations, hear the message of the Lord, and make it known to the ends of the earth: Our Savior is coming. Have no more fear. (Is 35)

Lord God, we desire to be whole and are in need of your forgiveness. Hear our prayer as we cry out to you and help us to prepare for the coming of your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:36 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 12-11-2003, 04:44 AM
0369/0341

I Cry to You

O God, early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray
And to concentrate my thoughts on you:
I cannot do this alone.
In me there is darkness,
But with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;
I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways,
But you know the way for me…
Restore me to liberty,
And enable me to live now
That I may answer before you and before me.
Lord, whatever this day may bring,
Your name be praised.

- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Old 12-11-2003, 08:45 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 12-12-2003, 02:04 AM
0369/0341

Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love is everlasting. (Ps 118)

Lord God, as we come before you this day, we bring with us hearts full of love for you. Help us to be aware of those around us who are in need of our love and help us to be attentive to those who are suffering in our world. Help us to be present to those who struggle to believe that they are loved by you. We ask this in your name. Amen.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:24 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 12-13-2003, 02:12 AM
0369/0341

The Lord is kind and merciful; slow to anger and rich in compassion. (Ps 45)

Lord Jesus, in these days that we are living, there is much sadness and fear in our world. Help us to turn towards you for strength and courage to bear the tragedies and sorrows that we are facing in our lives and help us to grow in trust that we will know of your presence in our lives and in the world. We ask this in your name. Amen
Old 12-13-2003, 10:24 AM

MISS JOAN ANS JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 12-14-2003, 02:09 AM
0369/0341

I should boast of nothing but the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through him the world is crucified to me, and I to the world. (Gal 6)

Father, you graced St. John of the Cross with a spirit that helped him with his self-denial and for a love of the cross. As we look to him as an example, may we grow in our desire to follow the cross and to learn of our own self-denial in this journey of faith with you and with others. We ask this in your name. Amen.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:01 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 12-15-2003, 04:37 AM
0369/0341

Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight his paths; all humankind shall see the salvation of God. (Lk 3)

Lord, we come before you this day in our hope of loving you more each and every day of our lives. As we prepare our hearts and our lives to celebrate your birth, may we be blessed with hearts that are open to celebrate the gift of your life and your love for us. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:07 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 12-15-2003, 22:34 PM
0369/0341

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor. (Is. 61:1)

God our father, in this time of celebration of the birth of your Son, there are many people who are sad and feel pressure because of the commercial advertisement that surrounds so many. We pray for the grace to focus on the true meaning of Christmas and to prepare ourselves for the coming of Jesus. May we recognize your Spirit in our lives and share this joy with those in our lives. We ask this in your name. Amen.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:03 AM
0369/0341

Come, Wisdom of our God Most High, guiding creation with power and love: teach us to walk in the paths of knowledge.

Lord God, as we approach the last few days before Christmas, we are in need of some time to reflect on what the birth of Jesus means for us in our lives. Teach us to walk in the paths of knowledge, so that we may grow in our awareness of who you are in our lives. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:59 AM
0369/0341

O Leader of the House of Israel, giver of the Law of Moses on Sinai: come to rescue us with your mighty power.

Almighty God, we await the celebration of the birth of your Son into our world. As we prepare our hearts and our homes to receive the presence of your Son, may we take time to reflect on what we have lived and to reconcile all that has kept us from truly being totally in your presence. We ask this through your Son Jesus Christ, our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen
Old 12-19-2003, 02:18 AM
0369/0341

The Word of God became a man and lived among us. He enabled those who accepted Him to become the children of God. (John 1)

Father, your Son was born like us but without sin. As we journey in our faith, may we be reborn in Him and help us to be free from sin, so that we may follow you with a pure heart and soul. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:12 AM

MISS JOAN AND JIM:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 12-20-2003, 05:22 AM
0369/0341

If today you hear his voice, Harden not your hearts. (Ps. 95)

Lord, help us this day to be attentive to the sound of your call.

In doing so, may we respond to the needs of others with an open heart and in a generous way.

We ask this in your name. Amen
Old 12-20-2003, 10:00 AM

miss jon and jim:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 12-21-2003, 04:27 AM
0369/0341

Come Emmanuel, God’s presence among us, our King, our Judge: save us, Lord our God!

Lord Jesus, we are in need of your mercy. As we approach the celebration of Christmas, may we feel your saving presence and respond with open hearts to your mercy and forgiveness. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:04 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Closed Thread