MarineChat.com

Where Marines, their families, and friends come together

To request registration to MarineChat.com please forward you requested user name, email address, date of birth, and the zip code where you live to the webmaster.

Go Back   MarineChat.com > A little something to start your day
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

A little something to start your day This forum is dedicated as a extension of Point Man Ministries. If you feel the need please visit them at http://www.pmimchat.com/forum/ They look forward to seeing you there.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 01:57 AM
0369/0341

A Veterans Prayer - Retired 11/27/06

Thank you for the brave men and women who serve and have served in the military.

Even now, guard them and give them compassion for those who confront them as enemies.

Keep our children from hate that hardens, or from scorekeeping with human lives.

Though for a season they and we must be people of war, let us all live for peace, as eager for agreement as for victory.

Encourage them as they encourage one another, and never let hard duty, in or out of the service, separate them from loyalty to your Son, our Savior. Amen.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:04 AM

THANK YOU MR.AJ YES HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY JAMES

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:52 AM

MISS JOAN & JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:05 AM
0369/0341

Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way. (Ps. 139)

Lord God, you probe us and you know us, you are always by our side. May your presence be a constant reminder of your love for us. May you guide us along life’s path and lead us in ways that are fruitful and wise. We ask this in your name. Amen.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:39 AM
0369/0341

I will bless the Lord at all times. (Ps. 34)

Lord, we see the wonder of your love in those who surround us in our daily lives. May we remain ever close to you by our times of silent reflection on your life and by our prayers. May these moments of prayer bring us to a deep level of gratitude for your presence in our lives. We ask this in your name. Amen.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:52 AM

miss joan & james

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-14-2003, 02:07 AM
0369/0341

Give thanks to God our Father through Jesus Christ our Lord, and may the fullness of his message live within you. (Col.3)

God our Father, we give you thanks for the many blessings that we have received in our life time. In times of uncertainty, may we be reminded that you are a God of understanding and patience always ready to hold us in the palm of your hand. Look upon us and continue to give us the graces to live in true freedom, as we walk this journey of faith. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:55 AM

miss joan & james

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-15-2003, 01:57 AM
0369/0341

Earth our mother, breathe forth life
all night sleeping
now awakening
in the east
now see the dawn.
Earth our mother, breathe and waken
leaves are stirring
all things moving
new day coming
life renewing.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:52 AM

miss joan & james

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Webmaster 4th Class

Thanks for your words.

As I have read through this thread I give thanks to those of you that have brought the bible to life with your posts.

:happy: :icon14:

God Bless
Old 11-16-2003, 01:50 AM
0369/0341

Your words, O Lord, give joy to my heart, your teaching is light to my eyes. (Ps. 18)

Lord God, as you created each one of us in your image and likeness, your words give joy to our hearts. May we always share this joy with others and be attentive to your teachings in our lives, for we are so much in need of your guidance in our ever-changing world. We ask this in your name. Amen.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:12 AM

miss joan and james

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-17-2003, 04:56 AM
0369/0341

Come, you whom my father has blessed, says the Lord; I was ill and you comforted me. I tell you, anything you did for one of my brothers, you did for me. (Mt.25)

Lord Jesus, your teachings and examples of the beatitudes give us great encouragement to reach out to those in need. May we hear the cries of those who are in pain, hurting and feeling so alone. We ask for your grace to be attentive to their cries and to respond in service to their needs. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:15 AM

miss joan and james:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-18-2003, 01:51 AM
0369/0341

The Lord says; my plans for you are peace and not disaster; when you call to me, I will listen to you, and I will bring you back to the place from which I exiled you. (Jeremiah 29)

Lord, you are the source of all that is good. In our lives, there are moments when we fall from the road that brings us to you. In these moments, there are times that our darkness and fear can appear to overwhelm us. May your saving grace bring us back on the road that leads to you and may we grow stronger in our trust of your presence and care of us in our journey in life. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
source:HCFM
Old 11-18-2003, 09:07 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-19-2003, 01:38 AM
0369/0341

I am the light of the world, says the Lord. The one who follows me will have the light of life. (John 8)

Lord Jesus, you are the light of life. As we journey on this earth, we ask for the strength and courage to be attentive to this light of life in our lives. Help us to bear your Word to those that we encounter each day and guide all of us to be a reflection of your love. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:18 AM

miss joan and james:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-20-2003, 01:49 AM
0369/0341

The Lord is good to those who hope in him, to those who are searching. (Lam 3)

Lord Jesus, in this time in our lives we are in need of your loving presence to guide us along our journey in life. In this journey, we recognize your presence as we search to find peace in our lives. You are our hope and may we always turn to you for guidance and strength. We ask this in your name. Amen.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:38 AM

ON OUR WAY TO MILW VA JAMES GOD BLESS YA'ALL

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-21-2003, 04:19 AM
0369/0341

God Is Our Hope

God is our hope and strength,
a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved,
and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof rage and swell,
and though the mountains shake at the tempest of the same.

There is a river, the streams whereof make glad the city of God,
the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.

- Psalms 46: 1-4
Old 11-22-2003, 05:31 AM
0369/0341

The Word of God is living and effective, discerning reflections and thoughts of the heart. (Hebrews 4)

Lord, help us to remain faithful to your Word. Be our source of power and inspiration, as we strive to follow you in our lives. We ask this in the name of Jesus the Lord. Amen.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:05 AM

MISS JOAN AND JAMES:

O'BOOT AND MISS JOAN

Old 11-23-2003, 05:04 AM
0369/0341

If you, O Lord, laid bare our guilt, who could endure it? But you are forgiving, God of Israel. (Ps. 129)

Lord, be attentive to those who call upon you this day. In our humanness our hearts can at times be like stone. In these moments, help us to rely on your forgiveness and mercy and give us the grace of conversion to change our hardness of hearts into gentle loving beings. We ask this in your name. Amen.
Closed Thread